What is Drop-In Tutoring?
Drop-In Tutoring is like a walk-in appointment; if a tutor in the particular subject area a student needs help with is available, students can "drop-in" and get immediate assistance with a question, task, or assingment. The video below provides a step-by-step guide on how to use the Drop-In feature.
**Don't have a account yet? Click on the "Smarthinking Tab" and scroll to "Accessign Services"
How Do I Access Drop-In Tutoring?
- Select "Work with a Tutor or Career Coach".
- Select "Drop-In Session".
- Choose the Discipline where you'd like tutoring.
- Select the specific subject area you want from the list of subjects. This will take you to a tutorial room where you can initiate an online whiteboard session with one of our trained Tutors.
- After the whiteboard loads, review the instructions in the middle of the page. Then click the "Start" button to continue.
- Type your question and click the "Enter Question" (top-right corner) button to signal to a Tutor that you are ready to work.
- When the Tutor is ready to help you, you will get a notification (visual & audio). You may now communicate with the Tutor by typing on the whiteboard area.
- Use the Exit/Options button at the top-right corner when you are done.
- Click End Session to confirm and exit.
How-to schedule a Tutoring Sessions
If Drop-In tutoring is not available, students will likely have to schedule a time to meet with a tutor to discuss their topic and questions. Scheduling an appointment gurantees students a specific, locked-in time to work with a tutor. The video below walks students through scheduling futoring tutoring sessions.