The Writing Center offers virtual in-class workshops!
How It Works:
- Preview our list of pre-made workshops and decide which one you want us to present or come up with ideas for a custom presentation.
- Fill out the request form--provide as much information and detail as possible so that our tutors can adequately prepare for the presentation.
- The coordinator will evaluate the request form and put you in contact with one our tutors who will then prepare the workshop according to your specifications. If needed, our tutors will contact you via email to get more information.
- Our tutors will contact you 2-5 days before the workshop to finalize any last-minute details.
- On the day of the presentation, our tutors will show up 5-10 minutes before class (currently in zoom or Teams) to set up for the presentation. Then, it's GO TIME!
Please note that we must receive requests for pre-made workshops at least one week in advance!
Our ready-to-present workshops are listed below:
- APA and Avoiding Plagiarism (30-45 mins)
- Research Process and Critical Thinking (45-60 mins)
- Writing Process and Thesis Statements (30-45 mins)
- Writing in Academic Voice (20-30 mins)
- Clear and Concise Writing (30-45 mins)
- Avoiding Run-ons and Fragments (20-30 mins)
- Literature Reviews (60-90 mins)
- Writing a Personal Statement (30-45 mins)
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing (30-45 mins)
Need a topic we didn't cover? We can also custom-make presentations for you! Fill out the request form and tell us what you want in your workshop and we'll create it.
Please note that we must receive requests for custom workshops at least two weeks in advance!