The Writing Center offers in-class workshops!
How It Works:
- Preview our list of pre-made workshops and decide which one you want us to present or come up with ideas for a custom presentation.
- Fill out the request form--provide as much information and detail as possible so that our tutors can adequately prepare for the presentation.
- The coordinator will evaluate the request form and put you in contact with one our tutors who will then prepare the workshop according to your specifications. If needed, our tutors will contact you via email to get more information.
- Our tutors will contact you 2-5 days before the workshop to finalize any last-minute details.
- On the day of the presentation, our tutors will show up 5-10 minutes before class to set up for the presentation. Then, it's GO TIME!
Pre-Made Workshops (must be requested at least one week in advance):
Our ready-to-present workshops are listed below:
- Writing Center Overview (15-25 mins)
- Fallacies of Argument (40-50 mins)
- Fundamentals of Rhetoric and Argument (30-45 mins)
- The Art of Critical Thinking (30-45 mins)
- Run-ons and Fragments (30-45 mins)
- APA and Avoiding Plagiarism (45-60 mins)
- MLA and Avoiding Plagiarism (45-60 mins)
- MLA Intext Citations (20-35 mins)
- MLA and APA Intext Citations (30-40 mins)
- Quoting and Paraphrasing (30-45 mins)
- Thesis Statements (30-45 mins)
- Literature Reviews (60-90 mins)
- How to Give a Great Presentation (20-35 mins)
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing (30-45 mins)
Custom Workshops (must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance):
Need a topic we didn't cover? We can also custom-make presentations for you! Fill out the request form and tell us what you want in your workshop and we'll create it.