What it takes to become a tutor
Are you interested in joining our Learning Commons team? We are always looking for motivated, responsible, and culturally-aware students who are dedicated to helping their fellow UNT Dallas students.
To be considered for a student-tutoring position, please fill out the form below. You must also meet the following requirements:
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and have As and Bs in the courses/subject areas in which you want to tutor;
- Must pass an informal diagnostic to gauge subject-area knowledge and development;
- Must successfully complete an informal interview with the Learning Commons staff;
- Must successfully pass a university-required background check and complete onboarding in a timely fashion;
- Must have a UNT Dallas faculty recommendation—provide the name of a faculty member whom you want us to contact below. Make sure it’s a faculty member in the discipline in which you want to tutor and someone who can speak about your academic abilities, your relationship with fellow students, and why you would make a good tutor.
For additional information or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.